HV/LV FITTER/WIREMAN - POSITION
--4PM Consulting Nigeria--
- Supervise/perform the following activities (at offshore locations) on switchgear, transformers, and related equipment between the voltage range of 400v – 36kv,
- Specific experience working on LV Auto transfer switches would be an advantage.
- Off-loading; Installation; Modifications/refurbishment.
- Maintenance; Systems testing and fault diagnosis
- Perform site risk assessments and assist in producing method statements.
- Document test results and produce site work reports.
- Contribute to the formulation of offers for site activities.
- Assist with works tests when necessary.
- Contribute to customer training activities.
- Promote the Company’s service activities, identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Participate in the On-Call rota system.
- Train and mentor junior and graduate engineers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Have previous experience of installing, upgrading and maintaining switchgear
- Have experience of working alone and as part of a team at offshore locations.
- Good mechanical and electrical skills
- Be self-motivated and resourceful, flexible with respect to changing tasks and available at the times required to perform them.
- Be customer/results focused and demonstrate a ‘service’ disposition
- Be willing to learn similar disciplines on related distribution equipment
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Have good inter-personal skills
- Be well grounded in shop floor assembly and test techniques
- Be well grounded in on site cold commissioning techniques on 33kv networks.
- Be well grounded in the principles & application of electrical safety from the risks associated with live HV networks.
- Demonstrate appropriate 10Years underpinning knowledge in the form of academic qualifications (e.g. Degree Electrical Engineering or relevant experience.
Please kindly send your cv in line with the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is 29th February 2024
Note this position is for Nigerians ONLY.